This is the career option where one can convert their passion into a profession. And also no one can get bored in this career as you always get a new working environment with an exciting atmosphere.
What are the skills that a wedding Planner should possess?
- Calm under pressure: The work of wedding planners is very hectic therefore on needs to be calmer and relax. A wedding planner has to use this pressure in a positive way towards their work and make it more fruitful.
- Optimum utilization of resources: As a wedding planner you have to manage resources in such a way that it would become more productive and nothing goes wither. A wedding planner is one who makes waste out of best.
- Finance management: The most difficult task for any wedding planner is to manage your own’s funds as well as someone else’s fund and make a profit out of them. Therefore one needs to be more budget-oriented and good with numbers and money management.
- Communication skills: Wedding planners must have good communication skills to make your clients understand your ideas and thoughts in the same way you are trying to convey.
- Good listening skills: With good communication skills one has to be a good listener, after all, it is their day and it has to be just the way they want. Therefore a wedding planner has to listen very carefully to what their clients want to serve them.
- Creativity and Innovation: Wedding planner must have a uniqueness in their ideas. They must possess creative and innovative skills to stand out from the crowd.
- Negotiation skills: Wedding planners must possess negotiation skills to get each resource from their suppliers at reasonable rates which makes good impressions in their client’s mind.
- Time management: To manage a wedding is one of the robust tasks, to have each ceremony on time is all that matters therefore as a wedding planner you have to be more time friendly towards the work.
- Knowledge about various religious traditions and customs: as a wedding planner one should possess the knowledge of various customs and traditions of every religion as weddings are one of the most ritual functions.
How to become a wedding planner?
- Join a wedding planning institute which offers you practical training regarding the core aspects of wedding planning from convincing the clients to organizing a wedding ceremony. One of the best institutes for wedding planning and management is the Alpha Institute of Finesse.
- Work under professionals to get experience with the work.
- Decide the niche for their wedding planning business.
- Consider certifications it makes the clients attract towards your work.
- Continue attending seminars and workshops to get knowledge about the current trend.
What is the scope of wedding planning and management?
In the current scenario, the industry is growing and events are getting better, therefore to make a career in wedding planning and management is a good option as there are so many jobs opportunity in wedding planning like wedding planner, Catering Services Manager, Staff, or Volunteer Coordinator, Marketing or Communications Manager, Donor or Sponsorship Coordinator and many more.
- Wide Scope: In the current scenario wedding planning is one of the best career options as in the future the demand for wedding planning business is going to increase only. Therefore it can be considered a good career option.
- Good salary Packages: One of the high paid career option or one can open their startups also.
What are the Advantages to choose Wedding planning As a career?
- Be your boss: one of the best advantages of wedding planning as a career is that you don’t need to work under someone else. You can explore their ideas and implement things the way you want.
- Exciting work environment: In this field, one can get a chance to meet new places with new projects therefore the one who likes to visit new destinations is the best career option for those.
- No chance to get bored: wedding planning could be considered as the most versatile career where can never be bored out of his work as they always meet something new and exciting.
- Chance to connect more with traditions and customs: this career makes you more connected towards their traditions, rituals, customs, and society.
There one who likes to travel, and explore new things, and one who works best under pressure must choose this profession as their career.