How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97?
Let us take a look at the 4 solutions that aim to resolve the error code 0x97 on your Epson printer. These solutions include plugging in and plugging out the device, cleaning it, updating the printer driver, and running the Windows Printer Troubleshooter.
Solution 1: Plug out and Plug in Epson Printer
Unplugging and plugging back your Epson printer is one of the absolute solutions to wipe out the Epson error code 0x97. Let us read the 6 steps to do it correctly.
- Turn off your Epson printer and then plug it out.
- Remove the USBs and cables attached to it.
- Allow your printer to sit idle for 5 minutes.
- Press the “Power” button of the device for a few minutes to discharge it completely.
- Next, holding the “Power” button, plug in your device.
- Now, turn on your Epson printer.
Solution 2: Clean Epson Printer with Tissue
Dust is likely to collect in your Epson printing device from time to time. So, maintenance is the key to keep your Epson printer away from errors. Learn how to clean your printer with a wet tissue in just 9 steps.
- Ensure that your Epson printer has been turned off.
- Now, open its casing.
- Fetch a wet tissue and dip it in warm water.
- Ensure that the device’s head is in the centre.
- Place the tissue on its mechanic pad.
- Move the head to its original place.
- Keep the tissue on it for at least 10 minutes.
- Close the casing afterwards.
- Turn on your Epson printer to check that the error has been fixed.
Solution 3: Update Epson Printer Driver
Do you have the latest version of your Epson printer driver? If your answer is no, then the Epson code 0x97 will bother you. We will advise you to get the driver updated right away. Here, you can find the steps to manually update the Epson printer driver.
- Visit the official website of “Epson support”.
- Look for the “Epson printer driver” that is compatible with your Windows system.
- Now, download the “Epson printer driver”.
- Next, open the file once the download is complete.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to go ahead with the installation.
Solution 4: Try Windows Printer Troubleshooter
Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 users will be glad to know that your system gives you the option of running the Windows Printer Troubleshooter to fix printer problems and errors like the Epson error code 0x97. To know how to use this tool, you can scroll down and read.
Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter on Windows 7 & Windows 8:
- On your system’s keyboard, tap the “Windows” key.
- Type “Troubleshooting”.
- Select the option of “Troubleshooting” from the list.
- Tap “Use a printer”.
- Now, tap “Next”.
- Your device will now identify the printer problem and provide you with the instructions.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter on Windows 10:
- Cancel every print job.
- Remove papers from the paper tray.
- Turn off your device and disconnect the cables attached to it.
- Also, remove the ink cartridges.
- Hold the printer’s “Power” button for a minute.
- Now, place the ink cartridges back and connect all the cables.
- Finally, turn on your printer and take a test print.
How to Fix Epson WF 3640 Error Code 0x97?
Troubleshooting the error code 0x97 on Epson WF 3640 Printer is simple. Below you will see how to disconnect and reconnect the printer to fix the error quickly.